Thursday, June 12, 2008

"I do it."

Lately, "Mommy, I do it" has been NyCee's favorite phrase.

When I get her dressed in the morning and grab her shoes, "Mommy, I do it."

When we get in the car and I put her in the car seat, she grabs the seat belt and recites, "Mommy, I do it."

After walking in the house from "school", I told her to go and get her bedroom shoes. She ran to the bedroom so I of course assumed she was following the instructions given. She took a little longer than normal and when I called her name she didn't respond. So I proceeded to the back and found her engaged in putting on her "big girl panties."




What amazed me was the fact that she found them in the clean clothes basket and put them on correctly. She then stood up and said, "Mommy. Big girl panties. I did it. High five." And stuck her hand up for a high five.

Of course she was wearing the panties on the outside of her skirt but given all she accomplished at the age of two, I think we can let that one slide.

No comments: