Monday, September 22, 2008

Adjusted

Well, it is just a few days over one month that the kids and I have settled into our new home. It actually seems longer than that some days because we are into our routine. I have completed the membership classes at the church and work in the nursery department on Saturday and Sunday nights. I really love my church as it offers so many programs and classes to help you live a full, happy life.

Dr. Tom (click on the "teacher" link to see a clip from one of his sermons)is very down to earth and approachable. He and Mrs. Maureen greet first time visitors after every service. The church is very warm and inviting. As soon as I walked through the door, I felt at home. They have been married 41 years and their sons are in the ministry as well. You can see the fruits of their life and it is wonderful. Additionally, their daughter-in-laws are apart of the ministry as well. They lead by example; which is vitally important.

NyCee really enjoys church as well. When I drive into the parking lot she exclaims, "My class. My class." The interaction at church as been very good for her. Especially because she hasn't been in "school" for several months. Last week, we were really busy with membership classes, singles' conference, and date night. (I think date night is so cool. The church offers free child care on Saturday nights to allow mom and dad or a single parent, some much needed alone time.) And of course we attended service yesterday morning and returned that evening as I had to serve in the nursery ministry. Needless to say, NyCee was exhausted. So much so, that she slept in her own bed until daybreak.

My church is literally 5 minutes up the road so it makes it easy to incorporate those responsibilities into my routine.

You may notice the bummer pad which should be on Ty's crib between the wall and NyCee's bed. Well, Ty doesn't like the pad because he can't see anyone when he wakes up. And NyCee needed it because she fell between the wall and the bed one night and began screaming "Help" in Spanish. I guess all those episodes of Dora the Explorer and Go Diego Go are really paying off.

The only hiccup so far is that the air conditioning went out in my truck. Thank God summer is almost over and I do not run errands during the hottest part of the day. Also, most of our travels are relatively close to the house. The other day, I parked the car and was preparing to get NyCee out of her car seat. She stated, "Mommy, I sweating." All I could do was apologize and get her in the building as soon as possible.

No comments: