Thursday, September 04, 2008

Respectful Request

I know that the calls, emails, and text messages that I have received have meant to be an expression of concern for me. But they have really been negative. Please, if you are planning to call me out of concern, then call with a positive, can do, Dayna is an overcomer attitude. Believe me, I, more than anyone, am well aware of the gravity of my situation. Every day, before my foot hits the floor, I declare:

This is the day the LORD has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it.

Save now, I pray, O LORD;
O LORD, I pray, send now prosperity.

Psalm 118: 24-25

It is not easy being in this situation. Often, I think to myself, "What kind of person brings two children into the world with no way to support them?" There are days when I wish I could go back 10 years and modify my path. But then I think, "I wouldn't be the person I am today. And I definitely wouldn't have NyCee and Tyler." I thank God that He allowed me the privilege of being their mother.

When another day ends, and no calls about jobs have come in, I have to remember:

For the [true] love of God is this: that we do His commands [keep His ordinances and are mindful of His precepts and teaching]. And these orders of His are not irksome (burdensome, oppressive, or grievous).

For whatever is born of God is victorious over the world; and this is the victory that conquers the world, even our faith.

Who is it that is victorious over [that conquers] the world but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God [who adheres to, trusts in, and relies on that fact]?

1 John 5:3-5 Amplified Translation

If I allowed my mind to run wild, I would focus on the fact that I quit two really good jobs. The first one was out of arrogance. The second was a sacrifice that was necessary. But no matter the reason, I would be much better off had I not made those decisions. But those decisions were made two years and one year ago, respectively. So I can not keep beating myself up about the decision. God's word says,

"There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,[a] who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit."
Romans 8:1-4

That's a fancy way of saying, that God has forgiven me for being stupid. Therefore, I must forgive myself. So please, when you think of me, do what I do:

Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.

Summing it all up, friends, I'd say you'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into his most excellent harmonies.

Philippians 4:7-9 The Message Translation

I love you and pray:

God bless you and keep you,

God smile on you and gift you,

God look you full in the face
and make you prosper.

Numbers 6:24-26 The Message Translation

This situation is temporary and subject to change suddenly! :~D

1 comment:

Undomestic said...

Hang in there Dayna! I'm cheering you on and praying for you!

Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, does not faint or grow weary; there is no searching His understanding. He gives power to the faint and weary, adn to him who has no might He increases strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall feebly stumble and fall exhausted. But those who wait for the Lord shall charge and renew their strength and power; They shall lift their wings and mount as eagles. They shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint or become tired.