Sunday, April 05, 2009

Lock Out

I was talking with my mentor about trying to figure out a way to get NyCee to sleep, continuously through the night, in her own bed. When bedtime commences, she falls asleep in her own bed. I do not have to coax her, lay with her, or anything along those lines.

But generally around 2 or 3 in the morning, I hear the scurry of her little feet heading towards my room. She no longer calls out my name as she just climbs in my bed on "her side" and falls right back asleep. At her age, she really does not need to sleep with me anymore. (Really, a baby does not need to sleep with a parent at any age, but moving along). Because she slept in the bed with me for nearly one (1) year, it made sense at first. Well, now it is time to put down my proverbial foot regarding this matter.

So, on the advice of my mentor, I locked my bedroom door. Well, in usual fashion NyCee proceeded to my room and when she couldn't get in, she yelled my name several times. I got out of bed and gently guided her back to her room. She went back to sleep and I went back to my room and went back to bed.

When I woke up this morning, guess where she was?


I guess in my head, I thought I would only have to lock the door once for her to get the message.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Oh...but she looks so adorable!

LOL!