Thursday, April 09, 2009

Switch-a-roo

It is amazing we get stuck on one brand of product or shopping at one location and really do not think much about trying something different.

For example, both of my children were/are "Huggies babies." In the same sense that some people prefer Target to Wal-Mart or vice versa. Last week, I had a coupon for a large box of diapers. So I purchased the Pampers brand because there were more diapers in the box than the Huggies brand. I must admit, the Pampers brand is a much better diaper.

For several nights, I was using the Pampers brand and when Tyler woke up in the morning, he was wet but not soaked. This morning, when I woke him up, his pajamas were soaked through with urine. At first, I thought there was an opening for a leak. Nope! The Huggies brand diaper is not as absorbent as Pampers.

It's amazing how something so simple can have a profound meaning. What I took away from this scenario is do not be resistant to change: it may be a good thing in the end. If nothing else, it will definitely be a learning opportunity.



Romans 12:2 (New Living Translation)

2 Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

No comments: