Sunday, April 26, 2009

She is doing it...



It's amazing to me how much parenting changes me not so much my children. I believe as parents, we have a responsibility from God to cultivate the morals and values that He places in us. Children have to be taught how to make decisions and allowed to suffer the consequences of their choices.

I have been working with NyCee to get her to sleep, through the night, in her own bed. She still wakes up but what I have noticed is her increased use of manners. Instead of waking up and screaming my name, she knocks on the door and gently ask, "Mommy, may I come in?" or when I open the door, she will say, "Mommy, will you come and lay in my room please?" Using good manners is not optional for either one of my children. Therefore, I do not shout praises to the heavens because she used her good manners. But I praise her for sleeping in her bed all night with morning high fives. I acknowledge the good things that she does such as clean up the toys after her brother or sits and reads a book to Tyler.

She is really progressing very well. I thank God every day that He allowed me the honor of being their mother.

Proverbs 22:6 (New Living Translation)

6 Direct your children onto the right path,
and when they are older, they will not leave it.

1 comment:

Undomestic said...

You're a great mom!