Saturday, April 18, 2009

Ty's 1st Birthday Party

Tyler is not really into any characters so I just selected Blues' Clues for a cake. Originally, I wanted a number 1 but the woman who made the cake couldn't locate her cake pan. The cake was really good. It was a pina coloda cake and the frosting was just perfect.

The morning started with a bounce house. It was a beautiful day for his party. Earlier in the week, it was really chilly as the temps were in the low 60s. Tomorrow will start the 90s. But today was a perfect 80 degrees, just a light breeze, and a beautiful blue sky.

Immediately after the house was inflated the kids ran to the backyard to play. Tyler tried to stand up a couple of times.

The party was held at the home of the kids' caregiver. Olivia and NyCee are BFFs (best friends forever). That is until someone takes something the other wanted.

After boucing in the house, we traveled out doors. Tyler immediately crawled to the walking toy and climbed up and started walking around. I guess that was the only way he could entertain himself because the bigger kids kept falling on him in the house.

And yes, I let him have a piece of birthday cake. Surprisingly, I am much more laid back with Tyler than I was with NyCee. But I guess all parents go through that with the first child.

All in all, it was a good day. After cake and loads of sugar from the candy, the kids laid down for naps.

And of course, I did not get a group picture of all the kids at the party. Oh well, there's next year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Little Fred enjoyed his birthday party. My Day got crazy as they released your granddad from the hospital on his birthday. At the time we were suppose to call, I was still on Garland trying to get things straightened out. Love you and kiss the kids for me. Mama