Friday, September 25, 2009

For the Love of Poop

For the past two days, I have had the pleasure of playing with my son's poop. Little Fred's poop is still too running at his age. It should be along the consistency of peanut butter or pancake batter. So, during his check-up I mentioned this to his pediatrican and she wanted to have his stool analyzed. Lovely!

Little Fred does not poop in the correct sequence. Meaning, he should eat dinner, poop, get a bath, cup of milk, then off to bed. Not my son. He'd rather eat dinner, get a bath, cup of milk, then poop. Last night was no different with the exception that I was required to collect samples of the poop and divide it into six different vials. Again, lovely!

Fast forward to this morning....
I walk into his room because I hear his morning whines for my attention. The room was still dark with just a little bit of sunlight peeaking through the blinds. As I looked at him, I thought to myself, "Is he naked?" Sure enough, when I turned on the light, there stood my son commando in his crib. I began looking for the diaper. I located it across the room and it was relatively dry. So now I asked myself, "At what point did he remove the diaper?" After I put the kids to bed, I generally do not go back into their room. Apparently or I would have discovered my son in his nakedness a little sooner. After processing the fact my 17 month old son took off his diaper and threw it across the room and slept in the buff, I gazed upon poop in different spots in his crib.

Rule of life #129: Put the pajama pants on your son before he goes to sleep at night in the hopes to deter him from removing his diaper and throwing it across the room.

No comments: