Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Gone Home

Today, my cousin Cari left her body and went to be with Jesus. Cari was diagnosed with Triple Negative Breast Cancer about two (2) years ago. Although, the cancer was removed from the breast, it spread to other areas. She fought valiantly as the cancer spread to her brain and then to her spine. The cancer in the spine was very aggressive.

While my heart grieves for her husband Melvin and the three beautiful children: Cameron, Max, and Ella who are left behind, I am glad that her suffering has ended. Cari took her last breath and then fell into the loving, waiting, open arms of Jesus. Right now, she gets to be with her Savior. Death is never easy. There are things that happen in the earth we do not understand. But I have to believe there is a purpose to everything. Today, we cannot understand why a beautiful young woman was stricken with such a horrible disease that subsequently took her away from us. But we are so blessed to have had her in our lives. Her laugh and vivacious spirit lit up the room. She will be greatly missed.

May I humbly request your prayers of comfort for her husband and children. Today we miss her. But we will be reunited with her again when we all see Jesus face to face.

2 Corinthians 5:8 (New King James Version)

"We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord."

Cari Spitz Ashford 1973-2009

2 comments:

Mama said...

I am so thankful to be a believer! Especially at times like this. What a wonderful hope we have in Christ Jesus. Knowing that we will again see Cari, Mama, Talisha, and other loved ones that have gone on before us. Thank you for postings such comforting words. I love you. Kiss the kids for me!

Rosalyn said...

I am a silent follower of your blog too, but today I want to say thank you, I love you, and ask you to kiss the kids for me. Your beautiful words are indeed a comfort, you are such a thoughtful niece.
Love Auntie Roz