Thursday, September 10, 2009

Not Yet...

I had (notice the word "had") been tossing around the idea of getting rid of Little Fred's crib and putting him in a big boy bed. When NyCee was 17 months old, she was sleeping in a big bed. However, the situations are not a perfect comparison given that we were living with my parents at the time. So while it is true she was sleeping in a big bed, I was sleeping in the bed with her.

Well, a couple of days ago, I put Little Fred in his crib in preparation for bath time. That is no different than I do every night. However, this time I did not let up the guard rail. I turned my back to put his clothes in the dirty clothes basket. As I turned back around, he flip out of the crib onto the floor. I yelped, "Oh Jesus!" NyCee came running into the room exclaiming, "Mommy, what happened?" Little Fred just rubbed his head and grinned.

Needless to say, I do not think we are ready for a big boy bed just yet. He has been assigned to diaper duty. After I change his diaper, he grabs it and walks it to the kitchen trash can. Progress, slow but steady progress.

Psalm 91: 11-12
For He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you in all your ways.
In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.

No comments: