Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Positive Picture

So today, I am over my shock. No really, I am. My friend called after she read the blog and asked if I were having flashbacks of when I found out about Tater Bean. Literally, I was. But I have wrapped my mind around the reality that despite the fact that my husband and I are not ready for another child and I carefully took my baby proof medication faithfully, a new little Thompson will arrive. When? I don't know yet. I have to go to the doctor. But there are many positives to this story:

1. My sister Tarisa has agreed to stop smoking. We made a bet several months ago that if I had another baby, she would stop smoking. The glitch was that I didn't make her agree to indefinitely stop. I am going to have to add that clause so that she doesn't pick the habit back up after the baby is born.

2. My children will only be 2 years apart. I have had many people tell me that it is best to have them back to back and get it done. So, I obviously have taken that advice.

3. This is actually on track with my plans. The bible says that we are made in the imagine of God and that He spoke the world into existence. I told my husband that I should have another baby when I start graduate school. That way I will spend 9 (really 10) months pregnant and have three months to spend with the child before working. Well, I am going to have what I said.

4. My sister made me a big pot of celebratory string beans. My family knows about the infamous Melvin Porties string beans. My grandfather makes the best string beans in the world. Tarisa has been trying to learn the recipe. She is oh so close. They were delicious. And it was a big pot too. Yummy!

So what is the bottom line? Jesus said, "Have faith in God." Mark 11:22.

No comments: