Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Shock, SHock, and more SHOCK!

So this morning, I finally went to the doctor for the pain that had been shooting through my back and my abdomen. It was not a constant pain so I could ignore it. Well today, I went to the doctor for an exam. I went in for the exam and the doctor felt my abdomen and told me that she was going to do an ultrasound. I was fully expecting for this woman to tell me that I had a hole in my stomach from the Frank's hot sauce I pour on everything, or from the salt on the Better Made potato chips that I consume on a regular basis, or that the sky was all purple and there were people running everywhere. I did not expect the news that I received.

I walked into her office and heard, "Are you aware that you are 14 weeks along?" I responded, "14 weeks of what?" Does this conversation sound familiar? Yes, this is a near recap of my conversation with Dr. Reynolds when I found out that I was pregnant with NyCee.

I drove home in a daze. In fact, I am still in a daze. The reality is that I AM NOT IN A POSITION TO HAVE ANOTHER CHILD! Okay, that is a fact. Yet, my sisters and mother have found this to be exciting news. Even my niece called to ask if the news were true. Tarisa is so excited. I am still in shock.

Shock, I tell you. Shock. I did not plan to have anymore children. NyCee is the highlight of my life and I was content with just her. So, once I grasp the reality of the situation, I will be able to move forward. Right now, I am still in shock. Did I mention that now is not a good time in my life to have another child? Okay, so I am guessing this is the part where faith has to kick in. I know that God is Omniscient so He was fully aware of the news I was going to receive today. I just wish He would have sent an angel to knock on the door and tell me the news that I was going to receive today.

With NyCee, I was on the birth control patch. With this baby, I was on the pill. I am really tired of being the 1% of the statistic that conceives while using the products. By the way, I AM IN UTTER SHOCK!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well.. Dayna as you know I think this is great news. I understand that you are in shock and now is not what you would think is a good time to have another baby but I know that God will help you through this and of course you have more than enough family to give support. I don't know the sex of the baby (although I think it's a boy) but I am more than happy to have this new nephew or niece in our lives. Congrats to you and Lewis on the new additon to your family. I know NyCee is thrilled she is going to be the big sister!!

Anonymous said...

Dayna:

As you said...God is omniscient! He knows how much we can bear, and what we can handle, so let's not hear anymore negativity about this happy occasion. And along with Tarisa, I hope it's a boy!

Love you much,
Auntie Nita