Sunday, January 13, 2008

Just one step behind

Lately, NyCee has been one step behind her cousin Ella in the antics and stunts that she pulls. Ella, who is three months older than NyCee, lives in Minnesota. Yet, after reading my cousin Cari's blog about some new stunt Ella has pulled off, inevitably, NyCee will follow suit. Not quite to the extreme as Ella but the actions are the same.

Yesterday while we were in the kitchen, NyCee motioned for something on the counter (chips, I believe) and I told her "No." Next thing I know, she walked over to the other side of the room, picked up the step stool, walked it over to the location of the item on the counter, climbed onto the step stool, and proceeded to reach for what she wanted. I was in shock that she even knew what the step stool was for.

Then, I sat her on the bed to write for a few minutes while I prepared her bath water. When I returned to the room, she managed to write on the bed spread, my wallet, a couple of dollar bills, and oh, yes:

her leg.

She and Ella have only met once but I really think they communicate through some sort of baby mind language that penetrates the boundaries of distance.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI

Anonymous said...

, Lewis

Undomestic said...

That is too funny! Oh, you just wait. So much for "fun" to come! Just wait until your baby comes and she has more opportunity to get into stuff!