Monday, January 28, 2008

NyCee Speaks

I am very proud of how NyCee is developing. Her language skills are improving daily.

Lately, she has been saying:

"Ma"
"Up, peez" (Up, Please: when she wants me to pick her up)
"Juce, peez" (Juice please)
"Snack, peez"
"Tank you" (Thank you)
"No"
"Apple"

But my all time favorite has been, "AW, MAN!"

NyCee does not watch any television at that learning center. But when I pick her up, I let her watch Dora the Explorer. There is a character named Swiper on the show. Whenever Dora prevents Swiper the fox from confiscating an item, he replies, "AW, MAN!"

Now, the purpose of my daughter watching the show is to enhance her language skills, counting, and problem solving abilities. But does my child take advantange of this material offered? Of course not. The one piece of slang vernacular used on the show, she manages to pick up. Go figure!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dayna:

Cut the baby some slack, it's probably the easiest thing to repeat (say)! She'll catch on, my grandchildren watched that show and now they all count in spanish, and speak a few words! Be patient, mommy!

Love you much,
Auntie Nita