Friday, March 14, 2008

Blessed Beyond Measure



The assistant pastor's wife (Tracee) of the church that I have been attending called me and stated that a few ladies from the church were going to give me a baby shower. I tried to decline but Tracee would not hear of it. I have only been attending Cross Current Church for about 5 months. But the love these ladies showed me was overwhelming. I could not have imagined that I would have received so many gifts. There were bags and bags of clothes, undershirts, bibs, crib sets, etc. One woman even bought a bag of summer clothes for NyCee. It took several hours for me to sort through everything and organize it by size.

After I finally went through all the bags, Ty has clothes and needed items until he is about 6 months old. Tears still fill my eyes when I think of how much God loves me to touch these women (who barely know me)in such a way that they would shower me with love and such wonderful gifts. Their kindness and generosity will never be forgotten.

Never underestimate the power and love of God. He will always surpass anything that we can ask or think of Him. "Now unto Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us." Ephesians 3:20

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My love as I have always told you the Lord will never give you more than you can bear. Jesus Christ takes care of his children.

Love ~ Allie

Undomestic said...

That's awesome! I love how women just come together in times of need.

Please let me know what else you are needing/wanting for your little one. I want to send something useful!!!

I'm getting so excited for you!!!!