Monday, March 03, 2008

Shopping for the sexes

Lately, I have been out shopping trying to get ready for Ty's arrival. (Side note: I still have not decided between Frederick Tyler and Tyler Frederick.) Moving along, I have noticed the selection for boy's clothing is really skimpy. NyCee is so easy to shop for because no matter what store I am in: Wal-mart, Target, Kmart or Kohl's, I can always find something for her. Generally it is on a sales rack. For example, I bought her a shirt for $3, a pair of tights for $4 and paired it with a blue jeans skirt. Viola! She was adorable and everyone complimented her on the outfit.

Ty is not so easy. First, unless you have two children of the opposite sex you have probably never noticed how the girl's clothes dominates the kid's department. There are several racks to choose from. Boys get one or two little rounders and the mom has to hope for the best. Second, the clothes in Wal-mart, Kmart and Target are so "cheesy" looking. I do not want my son looking like a big blue sailboat covered in ducks and puppies. YUCK :-(

I am going to venture out to Kohl's and Kid's 'R' Us to see what I can find. But Kid's 'R' Us is expensive in my opinion. Especially, given that children grow so fast and play on the floor and ground all day. I even tried Macy's but their selection was skimpy also. I am open to any suggestions.

2 comments:

Undomestic said...

Have you tried Old Navy?

Of course there's always BabyGap...but then you're shedding some $$$$.

Anonymous said...

You are so correct the selection for boys clothes is not there. And by the way I like Tyler Fredrick.

Love Allie