Thursday, March 20, 2008

Terrific Two!


NyCee celebrated her 2nd birthday today. Well, we really didn't "celebrate" her birthday today I simply acknowledged it. She will have a birthday party on Saturday when it was most convenient for everyone. But I would not let the day go by without some sort of recognition.

This morning started off with a bang as NyCee walked up to me and said, "Ma, potty." So I removed her diaper and sat her on the potty. Sure enough, she put pee-pee in the potty and smiled and cheered at her accomplishment. (I had to complete a final exam today so she went to the learning center for a few hours.) After I completed my exam, I picked her up and we went to the movies to watch, Horton Hears a Who. NyCee was the only child in the theater to actually sit and watch the movie. Every now and then she would chime in, "Elephant", "Elephant running" and I would acknowledge that she was correct.

I lie not. As I was writing this entry I heard, "Ma. Mommy. Stuck." So I proceeded to the living room and this is what I saw:

My first thought was: "How in the world did she get in the container of toys?" Then I thought, "Who knows? Let the fun times begin!"

Happy Birthday Big Girl. Mommy loves you very much!

2 comments:

Undomestic said...

Happy Birthday Nycee! And congrats on using the potty! You're so adorable!!!!! Terrible Twos....here they come!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Taylor!

Love ~ Auntie Allie, Mallie and Max