Thursday, March 27, 2008

Today, perhaps?

Last week I wrapped up another quarter of school and am on a two week break. I welcome the break as I am tired from carrying three graduate courses, caring for a toddler, being pregnant, and planning for the future. Mentally I need a rest.

I completed the quarter with two A's and one B. In the past, I would have beaten myself up about the B. But at this stage my outlook is, "I passed the class and that is one less class I need to take to complete my program." Please don't misunderstand as I believe that we should strive for excellence but not at the risk of having a nervous breakdown. Lately, I have been evaluating my life and realized that I am pretty darn proud of myself. I have had a great life so far and have met challenges head on while enjoying awesome experiences. And it is only going to get better.

Last Sunday, I decided that Tyler should be born this week. Why? Well, because I just mentioned that I am on a two week break and it is just convenient. When I was examined by the OB on Tuesday, he advised that Ty has not even dropped down into position and my cervix is still closed. Tyler is starting off wrong already. I made it clear to him that mommy is tired and would like to meet him this week. In theory, he should cooperate right? I guess since his due date is two weeks away he is well within his right to remain comfortably situated in mommy's belly.

The sooner this child of mine makes his debut, the sooner mommy can go back to work. I know that my patience will be rewarded if I just rest and let God work this out. But neither the day nor the week are over yet so we can keep hope alive that Ty will be born today or this week. HE! HE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought we already had this conversation. Boys are so different than girls. Max took his sweet time getting here and I am sure Ty will too.

Undomestic said...

All in God's time, right!

That's awesome how well you did in your classes! I can't believe you carried THREE grad classes at once! I only did one at a time, and that was quite enough.

Hang in there!!!!!