Tuesday, July 11, 2006

A Good Friend and Good Conversation

Yesterday was quite a day. If you read the blog titled, “Plan B” then you know that I did not get a position that I really wanted. Well, a dear friend read the blog and called me in an effort to cheer me up. I was not expecting her call and that made it all the more wonderful when I saw her number on the caller ID.

She of course stated how sorry she was that I didn’t get the position and she let me laugh, cry, vent, and sigh. Never once did she sound disinterested in my situation or transition into a new subject. No matter how many times I repeated the same thing she just patiently listened to me and offered advice as she could.

While talking to her did not change the news I received, it helped me to see that although obstacles come, a good friend and good conversation helps you over the hurdle. And even brings a little sunshine to an otherwise gloomy day.

P.S. I told her that I would post this blog by 2:00 p.m. central time. Sorry for the delay I was doing homework.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have no doubt you show your "friend" the same caring support in her times of needs as she showed you last night. In fact, I would venture to guess that you've helped her more in the last few years than she could ever do in one night for you. You are a very dear friend and when you hurt the people that love you hurt too. I wish I could be as eloquent with words as you have proven to be. If I was the words would flow as I told you about the many times you have helped me through tears, rejection, disappointment, bewilderment, and sometimes, downright depression. Heck, you've probably listened to more long drawn out O'Connor story's than anyone else I know, and you never discourage me, never shut me down, never closed the door on me. Your words have always given me strength to confront lifes obsticals and encourage me to face the things I must and to ignore the things that make little difference. You have always been and will always be the most genuine friend I have. Keep your head up and remember that I'm only a phone call away. God has great things in mind for you and when all is revealed to you, you'll be able to see this time in your life is but just a necessary stepping stone in your lifes journey.

Ps....Thank You. I Love you dearly.