Tuesday, October 10, 2006

A Baby Knows

I recently told you about NyCee's food introduction process. She did extremely well with all the foods that I purchased except one--Green Peas. I really didn't think that a baby would have food likes and dislikes. I know that sounds weird but as I think about it--that makes sense. You and I do not like certain foods because of the taste. A baby is the same way.

At first, I thought that she wasn't hungry because she would shut her lips tight when I tried to feed her. (I should have taken a picture because it is just too cute). But realizing how late in the evening it was, I knew that she had to be hungry. So I made her a bowl of cereal and she ate it all. Then she had her prunes as a snack and got mad when I stopped feeding her. (I only give her 1/2 the jar at a feeding).

The day before my husband told me that she didn't like the peas. But I can not take his word at face value when it comes to her eating vegetables because it is like pulling teeth to get him to eat his vegetables. So I have concluded that I will not force her to eat the peas. The only problem though, is her diet needs to consists of green vegetables. I'll try green beans. Maybe she will take to those.

I'll let you know.

No comments: