Thursday, October 05, 2006

Taste Test

NyCee is in the stage of food introduction. I bought several varieties of vegetables and fruits for her to try and to ensure that she does not have food allergies. I give her the same food for 4 days in a row and then we move on to another kind. For example, Monday-Thursday she will have squash. Friday-Monday she will have peas, so on and so forth.

I also decided to try oatmeal cereal. She has been getting rice cereal since she was about 3 months old. Last night, I mixed the cereal with the formula in preparation to feed her dinner. At the same time, I was watching Project Runway 3 so Lewis said, "I'll feed her." I placed the mixed cereal and bottle of remaining formula next to him. NyCee was in her chair eating and I plopped down on the loveseat and continued watching my program. Then I heard, "UGH! That is nasty!" So, I turned to see my husband with baby oatmeal cereal on his lips and a frowned up face. I broke out in laughter and asked, "Did you taste that?" He replied, "Yeah, it tastes like crap!" I told him that he can not say things like that because NyCee needs to eat her food and not be turned off by his facial expressions.

So he tried to grin and bare it while telling her that it was good. You can only imagine what his face looked like.

I guess NyCee is not the only one in the house going through the food introduction process.

No comments: