Sunday, October 22, 2006

Moral Dilemma

Every Saturday night, I set the alarm for 6:30 am with the intent of attending Sunday morning church services. Yet, when the alarm sounds, I turn it off and go back to sleep. I justify this by saying to myself, “Self.” Myself answers, “Yes.” I do attend services on Wednesday night. Wednesday night service is just like Sunday morning service. It has corporate prayer, praise and worship, ministry of the word, offering, etc. I enjoy Wednesday night service because pastor is not so rushed. On Sundays, he preaches three (3) services. So the 8:00am service must stay on time in order to keep him on time for the rest of the day.

My struggle lies in the fact that I beat myself up every Sunday about this. Is my justification of going on Wednesday okay? I think not because otherwise it would not be a struggle. Basically, I find it really hard to get up and function at 6:30am because I don’t work anymore. I think I just solved my dilemma: Get up and go to church on Sunday morning.

No comments: