Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Cookie Monster

NyCee and I had to run a few errands today. Because I had not combed her hair, I put a hat on her so that we could leave the house. I go out looking like utter trash but I do not feel it necessary to subject my daughter to that lifestyle. She looked so adorable and she left her hat alone while we were in the house and I was packing up to get ready to leave.

One of the errands was to the beauty supply store to purchase the detangling spray needed to comb her hair. While in the store, she decided to take off her hat and expose to the world the fact that her mother was lazy. Thankfully, she was such a good girl in the store that she did not draw attention to us.

When we returned home, I decided to reward her good behavior with a cookie. (During a diaper change, I had the forethought to take off her shirt.) As oppose to feeding it to her, I put her in her high chair and let her have at it. (The high chair was a gift from her grandparents for Christmas.) I quickly learned that was not a good idea.

She had cookie in her hair, on her hands, all on the tray table, and on her nose. It was a mess. But the positive to this is that she obviously enjoyed it.

I am glad that I took her shirt off before allowing her to have a cookie.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks so cute. I bet she enjoyed that cookie too. Just wipe her down and give her another one!

Undomestic said...

oh those teething cookies are nothing but a mess! Just give her a regular one

Anonymous said...

Dayna:

The picture of Nycee in the hat is great! She looks so grown up. What a cutie pie! By the way thanks for the Christmas card.

Love,
Auntie Nita

P.S. for Tarisa (Dayna make sure she gets this):
Have you considered starting a blog, so we can keep in touch with you and what's going on in your life? Think about it!

Love,
Auntie Nita