Friday, January 12, 2007

"Goodbye Emma, we wish you well."

Lewis and I made a decision that we will sell one of our cars. I know that most people are saying,"It's about time!" Actually, we were planning to sell the Ford Explorer to Lewis' friend, but she changed her mind. So I decided that I will sell the Altima and drive the Explorer. The Altima is newer and will net us more of a profit. Plus, it is cheaper to insure the Explorer because I can just have liability coverage.

Emma, the Altima, was a cute little car. It had all the bells and whistles (except leather seats) and was a 5 speed manual transmission. My little sister Camille was with me when I bought the car and she exclaimed, "Somebody needs to pay you minimum wage to drive this car. That is too much to have to shift gears. Just get a regular car that goes forward for you." I laughed. There were times when I recalled that statement sitting in traffic.

I named the car Emma because that was the name I had picked out for Taylor. Yet, Lewis said, it sounded old fashioned, thus is why she is named Taylor. Lewis has already picked out our new vehicle. It is the Toyota Sequoia. I told him that I am not buying a new car until after graduation and I buy my new house. Then, I will buy the truck. Emma, served me well for the 8 months that I had her. I trust that she will be just as good to her new owner.

1 comment:

Undomestic said...

Melvin felt that Ella was old fashioned as well. But everywhere I go, there is a little girl named Ella. I know a lot of Emmas as well.