Monday, January 01, 2007

So I'm landscaping now

The front of my house is just UGLY. Lewis and I decided last year that we would pull up all the pine straw and put down rocks around the entire house.

Well, it was a lot harder than I thought. I had no idea the amount of work involved with landscaping. HGTV is so misleading. They make it look simple. Lewis had to show me how to use the back hoe to dig up the weeds before I could lay the rocks down. I was only able to complete one section. That took nearly two hours and 4 bags of rocks. When Lewis came out to check on me, we decided that the white rocks are too bright.

We will buy a lighter color to blend in with the white to soften the look. I also thought about edging the grass with decorative rocks. In March, I will plant a couple of flowers to give the house curb appeal. As for the back, let's just see how the front turns out before we make any plans to tackle that.

No comments: