Sunday, December 31, 2006

Reflection

Like most Americans, I have spent the last couple of days thinking about the past year. It has been a rough one. 2006 was full of joys and pains. Unfortunately, there were a lot more pains than joys. But one thing remains constant, I am truly thankful for another year.

Through technology (the blog), I feel more in touch with my cousins in Minnesota. Additionally, family and friends have told me that they feel closer to Taylor because of the blog. I was going to stop blogging because I thought that most people had lost interest. I had friends who, in the beginning, read the blog all the time. Now as time has past, they have moved on, and lost interest. Yet, a friend told me that under no circumstances am I allowed to stop blogging. She stated, "That is my only connection to NyCee. You CAN NOT stop." My aunts and sister have also expressed how much closer they feel to NyCee because of the blog. So, rest assured, the blogging will continue.

I am excited about the incoming year. I will complete my undergraduate course work and start graduate studies, my daughter will have her 1st birthday, I will have a new job, I plan to move (yes, again), and a gambit of other things are awaiting me in 2007. I have decided that everytime I think about the past, I will put into action the words of the Apostle Paul, "Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3:13-14)

May your New Year be prosperous, healthy, exciting, and bright.

3 comments:

Undomestic said...

Don't stop blogging Dayna. I love seeing what you and Nycee are up to!

Anonymous said...

Hi,Auntie Dayna
Would you send me a photo of Ny-cee
love Elyce

Anonymous said...

You can not stop blogging!!!! As I have told you many times before our Lord Jesus Christ will never give you more than you can handle.

Love - Alison