Tuesday, December 19, 2006

A Christmas Cutie

Since NyCee's birth, I have had a revitalization of the Christmas spirit. I remember Christmas when I was a little girl and how we would decorate the tree on the weekend of my dad's or sister's birthday. Our house was filled with decorations on the windows, fruits and nuts to eat, Christmas cards on display, and stockings hung on the chimney with care.

Today, we went to the mall so that she could have her first picture with Santa. She was so cute donned in her red velvet dress that her grandparents bought her when we were in Port Huron last week. She did an excellent job. She sat up like a big girl and smiled for her picture. I was so proud of her. My mom was concerned that she would cry but she didn't. Not one tear was shed. In fact, Santa commented that he wished all children's picture were as easy as Taylor's was.

In all the excitement, I forgot to take a photo of her on Santa's lap. I had the camera in my bag but was so excited that she didn't cry--I never even took it out. For your viewing pleasure, I have taken a picture of the picture to display on the blog.


She must have been tired waiting in the line for Santa. When we arrived at the mall, Santa had to take his lunch break. By the time we got to the car on our way home, she was asleep.

2 comments:

Undomestic said...

Oh my goodness! What an AWESOME Santa photo. Ella was screaming her head off in her photo.

Hey, what's Nycee doing facing forward in that carseat! Isn't she still supposed to be turned around...until she's one!

Would love for you guys to come out. When exactly were you thinking? You know it's cold here in January...right? But there's so much to do inside; we'll have a blast!

Anonymous said...

Dayna:

Make photo copies and mail me a picture of Nycee with Santa! She took a great picture! Krysti's little boy (Khalil) cried his head off, tried to jump off Santa's lap, he was just acting a fool. She is a friendly little thing, God bless her!

P.S.: Cari: That's right get on her! Don't be lax about the child's safety!

Love,
Auntie Nita