Saturday, December 16, 2006

Christmas 10 days early

Tarisa decided last night (Friday, December 15, 2006) that she wanted everyone to open their Christmas gifts because she wanted to see the reactions. The original plan was that the gifts would be wrapped and then placed under the tree and opened on Christmas Day. My father was the only one who did not oppose opening gifts early. Boonie then decided that would be a great idea too and would prevent her from spending the money on shipping.

The downside was that Tarisa decided against wrapping the presents and simply handed them out in the shopping bags. Tacky I know but the thought was there.

The festivities began with Taylor. She received an outfit from Tesa, a strawberry scented carebear from her cousins, and books from her Ti-Ti Boonie. The books are really cool as they have sounds along with the story. I am really glad that Boonie bought those as I have started reading to her daily.

Boonie is the eccentric of the group. So to compliment her personality, Tarisa bought her two retro funky hats. Boonie loved them. Actually, I liked one of them too because it was pink. In the mall, Tarisa stated, "Boonie will rock these." I assumed that meant wear in a fashionable way.

When Boonie opened the hats, she smiled and said, "You know I will rock these." And from the looks of things, that is what she plans to do.

Taliyah opened her gift and it was a pair of cream corduroy pants and matching shirt. She really did like the outfit although you can not tell from the look on her face. We had to wake her up to join the party. She was not pleased about that.

Ce-Cee and Kari opened their gift together. I know that sounds bad but it was a gift that they will have to share. It was a Madden 07 gamecube video game. The price dictated that they get one and share. But Tarisa was kind enough to buy an additional game that was on sale. So they did end up with two games.


My mother is the EASIEST person to shop for. If we bought her a key chain, wrapped it, and put it under the tree, she would be happy. So you know that she really liked the outfits that Tarisa picked out.

On the other hand, my father is a different story. It is so hard to buy gifts for the man that either buys it for himself or has everything. My father is a shop-a-holic. But he loved the gift that Tarisa bought--Sean John Unforgivable cologne.


I received awesome gifts: Rachael Ray cookbooks (3), a candle, and champagne flutes [for Lewis and I but he was not present so by default I had to open the gift (HA! HA!)]

Close up to show the detail on the flutes.

Since graduating from culinary school, Tarisa has become the resident go to girl for cooking instructions. As a result, she received a great bake ware set.

After a hard day in the kitchen she needs to relax. She can do so with her candle and candle warmer set. The candle warmer helps to magnify the smell of the candle.

NyCee and I had a wonderful week in Michigan but it is good to be home. Lewis couldn't go with us because he was working. He really missed his little girl and has not put her down since we arrived home.

I almost forgot to mention that Lewis received a CD player from the kids (Ce-Cee, Kari, and Mama Liyah). I did not open his gift. I brought it home in the gift box. No one is allowed to use their gifts until Christmas Day or after. You know that Ce-Cee and Kari were crushed by that announcement. I showed Lewis our gifts but told him that we have to put them under the tree. Like the kids, he too was upset by that announcement.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate to be the voice of reason, but tell Boonie not to "rock" that hat around Detroit. Where did Teresa get that? When did Teresa gradutate? Looks like you all had fun. Miss you.


Max

Anonymous said...

I totally disagree with Max, I love that pink hat, and retro it is! "Rock on" Boonie! It did look like you all had fun. Is this going to be the new tradition since you and Tarisa still live out of town?

Auntie Nita

Anonymous said...

Auntie Nita--
I don't know if this is the beginning of a tradition. It may be something that we look at and try to coordinate with Max and Cari. That way, all of us can come together for Christmas because it has been years since that has occurred. I would like that and I sure Grand dad Melvin would too.