Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Separation Anxiety

Lewis has what I like to call, "The carry NyCee around all day as if she is too good to play on the floor" syndrome. For whatever reason, he feels the need to carry her around the house whenever he is home. I have asked him not to do that for a couple of different reasons.

1. The workers at the daycare facility that she attends are not going to hold her.
2. I AM NOT going to hold her all day. I have things to do around the house.

She will play by herself, with her toys, if allowed. For the past two days, she has been very clingy. When I put her down, she crawls back over to me crying and pulling on my leg to be picked up. Well tonight, I had to resort to drastic measures. This method was necessary as there was no other way to get her to sleep in her own bed. When she fell asleep, I laid her in the bed and she woke up. I picked her up, put her back to sleep, laid her in her bed and she woke up again. This went on several times. Finally, I had to put NyCee in her bed and just let her cry. She cried for about 20-25 minutes and finally went to sleep. It was difficult for me to listen to her cry but I had no choice.

When it grew quiet, I walked into her room and this is what I saw:

I feel so bad. After I went to retrieve my camera to capture the photo, I laid her down. This photo is classic though--you have to admit.

1 comment:

Undomestic said...

This picture is great!!!!!