Monday, December 18, 2006

Our 1st "Little" Christmas Tree

Lewis and I have celebrated three (3) Christmas seasons together, yet this is the first year that we have had a tree. I love Christmas time but the houses we lived in before were so small, we did not have storage for everyday items let alone Christmas decorations.

With the birth of NyCee, I decided that we HAD to have a Christmas tree for her. Also, Nia (one of the twins) told me last year that we had to have a Christmas tree for Santa Claus to put presents under. While in Michigan last week, I bought Taylor her 1st Christmas ornament. Isn't this too cute?


The title told you that our Christmas tree was little. Literally--it is only 4 feet tall and I had 2 put it on the dining room table because NyCee was trying to pull the ornaments off.

I promised her that when we move into our bigger house with storage space, I would buy her a real Christmas tree and we would decorate for the occasion. Lewis was rushing me in the store (because he was trying to get home to watch football) so I could not pick out the tree top. Also, he would not let me get icicles citing that they make a mess and he would be subjected to vacuuming them up until summer. He's being a Christmas party pooper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dayna:

My advice (as bad as it may seem) is to ignore him and do what you want to do, I mean after all it's only once a year! And it's for the baby!!! Tell Lewis to stop being such a grinch!! Oh, and by the way, if you spray a little spray starch on the icicles before you take them out of the package they won't have as much static in them and won't come off the tree as easily.

Merry Christmas and Love from
Auntie Nita