Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Scholars' Challenge

Well, the last exams are taken and the final grades posted. Another quarter bites the dust. 2 down 3 to go. I know you are wondering how I managed to cut out two quarters (in 1 down 5 to go, I stated I had 5 quarters left until graduation). Due to my stay-at-home mom status, I was able to enroll in two additional classes bring my total to six (6)--that's right--six (6) classes for the Fall quarter. I enrolled in four (4) full session online courses, 1 mini-session online course and 1 on campus course. Also, Strayer accepted 81 of the 90 credits that I attempted to transfer. That was awesome!

I received five (5) A's and one (1) B. Anyone who knows me, knows how upset am I to have received a B. That is just completely unacceptable. But the class was ridiculous and the professor would ask asinine exam questions. But I will take it. I am partly to blame as I did not concentrate as hard on the class in the beginning and could not make up the points needed to raise the grade at the end.

My brain needs a rest. So for the next three (3) weeks, I plan to veg out in front of the boob tube and watch movies in my pajamas. Okay, I will get dressed for Christmas but other than that--Veg city here I come.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dayna!

I know you're disappointed about the "B" (you remind me of Sylvia, she was like that too). But I want you to know that I am very proud of you. It's not easy taking care of home, husband, child, and going to school too! Even if it is on-line, you still have to do housework, homework, childcare, wife duty S*** that's hard work right there! Once again I'm proud of you!!!!

Love,
Auntie Nita

Anonymous said...

Thanks Aunt Nita for the words of encouragement. Actually, everyone from friends to family have been so great about keep my spirits lifted about school.

You are right about this wife thing. Once the wedding day is over, the real deal begins. But I won't trade Lewis in--he's a keeper and a cutie!! Love you too!

Undomestic said...

Wow! You had a lot on your plate. Good for you for getting through it! You're so efficient, I can see yout taking on extra classes.

Congrats on an awesome job well done.

And I'm not even going to tell you not to feel bad about the B, because I would feel the exact same way!