Thursday, December 14, 2006

A Ladies Day/Night Out

My sister Boonie arranged for us to have a ladies day out. The day began with a massage at the local spa. I had never experienced a full body massage so I was thrilled and excited to learn this was how our day was to begin.

My mom and Boonie went first. As they enjoyed their massages, Tarisa and I waited in the lobby. The ambience was so warm and inviting. I was relaxed sitting and waiting. When I walked into the room, I was welcomed by soft music, candlelight, and a warm massage table. My masseuse Kim was great. I told her that I had never had a full body massage before and she walked me through the process. The 50 minutes was up way too soon. I told Lewis that I am going to find a spa near our house and take him to have a massage. He will love it.

Next, we enjoyed lunch at Cracker Barrel. It was a festive time of talking and reminiscing. By this time, NyCee joined us. She didn't want her food so she ate everything on my plate. My green beans, carrots, and mac and cheese.

After lunch, we enjoyed a movie--The Holiday with Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet. It was a little slow in the beginning but we all enjoyed it. By this time, it was around 7:00pm and my Aunt Nita called several times because she was over Aunt Roz's house and wanted us to come and visit. So we headed down to Detroit. On our way, we called Granddad Melvin and my cousins, Phebe and Wally to come over. Wally lives across the street from Aunt Roz so his commute was not far.

My family has always enjoyed music so we sang, listened to CD's and talked. We had a great time. The only problem is that everything has to end a little early because of the hour drive back to Port Huron. But it was worth it to see my Granddad so excited that we came to see him.

The night ended with a bang. Literally! As we were getting into the van to leave, my sister Tarisa jumped up on the running board and hit her head on the top of the van door. When I turned to see her, she was half way on the ground laughing. I thought her foot slipped off the running board. I said, "What happened?" She replied through the laughter, "I hit my cranium on the van door. This is why I ride in the front seat!" Everyone laughed and we listed to Christmas music and talked on the drive back to Port Huron.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dayna!

Girl! Had I known that you were going to post that photo on your blog, I never would have gotten in it without any makeup on. Other than that it's a good picture of the family. A few missing faces, but don't we look happy!

Merry Christmas and lots of love from,
Auntie Nita