Wednesday, December 27, 2006

8 1/2 hours later

So last night I was feeling guilty about leaving NyCee in her room to cry herself to sleep. I refused to tell Lewis that I let her cry for 20-25 minutes as he would have had a cow. I showed him the photo and he remarked, "My little booty was so sleepy she just fell asleep sitting up." "Yep." I replied.

Around 7:00am I woke to complete silence so I walked quietly into her room to check on her. She was still asleep. I decided to take advantage of this rare occasion, so I returned to bed. At 9:30am, I woke again to complete silence. Lewis jumped up about to go and check on her and I said, "I'm awake and she is not up." He let out some sort of grunt and went back to sleep.

I see that my decision to let her cry herself to sleep as not caused any detriment to her. In fact, it appears that was a good decision on my part. She slept all night without me next to her and I slept all night without moving her over to keep from falling off the bed.

Lately, she has been waking up around 3:30 or 4:30am. Why? I have no idea. As soon as I lay her in the bed next to me, she goes right back to sleep. I hope that moms across America (or at least the one's that read my blog) are not ready to stone me. The world is full of harsh realities. And NyCee's reality is that she can not sleep in the bed with mommy and daddy forever. The sooner I introduce her to this concept the better off she will be.

No comments: