Thursday, December 14, 2006

14 Years Old (Yesterday)

My nephew Cian, Jr. (Ce-Cee) turned 14 years old on December 13, 2006. He is the final piece of what I have termed the trio. My father's birthday is December 10, My sister Tarisa's birthday is December 11, and Ce-Cee's is December 13. I have a host of family members with birthdays in December. It is a busy month and not just for Santa.

I remember when his mother went to the hosptial to have him. My father was elated because Boonie started having contractions on December 10. However, Ce-Cee decided that he wanted his own special day and arrived three days later.

Now here he stands all grown up and handsome. But he is still auntie's baby.


For his birthday, my sister allowed him to get his ear pierced. He thought that it was going to be painful. Tarisa held his hand and braced him for the three second sting that he felt.

When the ear was pierced, he replied, "Oh, that's it!" We all laughed and he received the instructions on keeping the ear clean to avoid infection.

It is hard to see them grow up. Time seems to just fly by. I love you Ce-Cee. You will always be auntie's baby.

No comments: