Thursday, January 18, 2007

A Little Taste of Home

Whenever I go home to Detroit, there are four MUST have items:

1) Wings Chinese food,
2) A corned beef sandwich,(this is a heart attack on a bun)
3) Bettermade potato chips, and
4) A Faygo Fruit punch.


Lewis surprised me with number 4. He says, he really does not understand the big deal that I make out of wanting these items. Bettermade and Faygo are hometown favorites. They are only produced in Detroit. There is nothing better than the Bettermade-Faygo combination. My family cuts open a bag of Bettermade Plain Potato chips, sprinkles on a few shots of Frank's hot sauce, pours a glass of Faygo soda, and we are in heaven.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dayna:

My comment has nothing whatsoever to do with your blog for today! I thought about you yesterday and the blog you had about the 30-minute meal (I watch Rachel Ray too!) I made my own version of the 30-minute meal! I prepared salisbury steak, macaroni and cheese and broccoli. How was this a 30-minute meal? All of these items were frozen, microwaveable. The Banquet Salisbury Steaks took 15 minutes, the mac & cheese took 5 minutes, the broccoli (Bird's Eye Steamfresh) took 5 minutes (you cook it right in the bag. I said to myself I have to tell Dayna, she's the only one that will appreciate the 30 minute meal!

Love,
Auntie Nita

Anonymous said...

Dear Ms. Dayna
I too remember bettermade potato chips. However I remember them being burnt somewhat. On the other hand I perfer vernors myself. It make your nose tingle. It also is a Detroit product.

OB

Anonymous said...

Right,right,right.... Oh how I miss me some Faygo Cola right about now!