Friday, January 05, 2007

Less than 30 minute meal

One part of my New Year's resolution is to live a healthier lifestyle. I have begun working out again (30 minutes a day) and learning to cook healthier meals. (Okay, really I want to lose the 30 pounds that I gained when I was pregnant with Taylor.) But I do believe that Lewis and I need to live a healthier lifestyle with respect to diet and exercise.

For Christmas, I received three (3) Rachael Ray cookbooks that I have been putting to use. Tonight, I made Shrimp Scampi. It was so simple. I bought the frozen Shrimp Scampi, boiled the pasta, made a piece of Texas toast (I left it in the broiler just a little too long), and added parsley as a garnish. Oh, let's not forget the low-fat Parmesan cheese.


YUM-O!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good, good presentation. Even the plate was cute. I must admit the toast is a little dark but then again you do like your food well done!!. I'm sure it tasted as good as it looked if not better. Overall you did a good job. YOU GO GIRL!!! What did Lewis think of the meal?

Undomestic said...

Did the pasta have any flavor?

I need to start cooking better as well. Not sure how to even start. I'm so picky, and Cameron is 10 times worse!

Anonymous said...

Cari--
Try adding bouillon to your water. Chicken, beef or vegetable as it will give it a little favor. I do it with rice and pasta to kick it up a notch.

Tarisa--
Lewis didn't eat any. I made it Friday night and he was out bowling. It was good!