Wednesday, November 14, 2007

All Gone

For the past several months, I have been under a tremendous amount of stress. I have heard of people being "stressed out" but never really understood its effects. Stress can have horrible side effects on the body. In my case, I noticed that my hair was shedding like a cheap fur. In the beginning, it was just a few strains. Then, it began coming out in comb fulls. So, I decided that I had to cut it to salvage any remaining healthy hair and let it grow out from that point. (Actually my sister decided for me.)

When I first came home in August, my sister cut just the parts that were broken off. Well, last week, the breakage was very evident and could not be hidden anymore. So, here is the before shot:



And the after shots:




I am very pleased with the cut. It is easy to manage and my sister decided against cutting it all off. She saved what was healthy and cut only what was necessary.

When I was pregnant with NyCee, my hair was full of body, was bouncy, and healthy. I am taking pre-natal vitamins again so I anticipate that it will grow back rather quickly. It was hard when she made the first cut (hence why my eyes are closed) but in the end, I think she did a FABO job!

2 comments:

Undomestic said...

And very adorable you look!

thedrinkingbulter said...

so i really like it! i think i'll sport that look this winter too!!! LOL!