Thursday, November 01, 2007

Proof

I guess it's true what is said about every pregnancy being different. When I was pregnant with NyCee, I found out because I went to the doctor about a week before my monthly cycle should have commenced but immediately my body began changing. I had to wear maternity clothes at 7 weeks! (I was a lot smaller then.)

Everyone keeps asking how could I have not known that I was prego with this baby because my monthly cycle would have stopped. Well, not in this case. I was on a birth control pill which caused the cycle to be extremely light. Mine was lighter than normal anyway so the pill made it almost non-existent. My breast were not tender neither did my belly poked out of from under my clothes. In fact, until about a week ago, I was still wearing regular clothes.

Well, there is no more denying it. Whether I feel my body changing or not, a little Thompson is growing inside there. And here is the proof:



I guess I can no longer be in denial citing that the original doctor lied to me because I don't "feel" prego. Well, whether I "feel" prego or not--I am in fact prego. According to the ultrasound taken on Tuesday, I am now 16 weeks and 5 days prego. (Isn't it amazing how technology has evolved? I wonder how they can figure out the exact date. I will have to ask my cousin Max who is an OB/GYN. Hopefully, he can explain it to me in layman's terms and not medical terminology.)

Everyone keeps asking about the sex. Well, I can't find out until about 25 weeks into the pregnancy. But the images that I received of the baby are very clear. (NyCee's pictures are smaller and you can not see any details.) The machine used at the hospital gave excellent, very clear images. I saw the face, the toes, fingers, nose, etc.

Ready or not, my little Thompson is arriving in April--some time around the 15th. I told the doctor that I am free to have the baby any day except for a Thursday because I have to watch Grey's Anatomy and ER. I hope my little one is listening!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Dayna, Congrats! I haven't read your blog in a month, so imangine my surprise when i caught up on my reading! I'm excited for you! May God bless you and your pregnancy!

Undomestic said...

What a great ultrasound picture!

Anonymous said...

That is one of the best ultrasound images I've ever seen so early in a pregnacy. Be sure to frame Baby Thompsons first photo! Congratulations! I can tell I'll love him already!