Thursday, November 15, 2007

The simple things.....

This morning, I read my cousin's blog, Undomestic, and she wrote a beautiful, heartwarming entry about enjoying the simple things in life and being grateful for the things we have.

Well, as you know, I am in graduate school and I take courses on line. I had to take a statistics course in the spring last year and it nearly wore me out. I ended up with a "B" so I was happy. I tried this quarter and next to enroll in the other statistics class that I need for my graduate program taught by this specific professor. (Students have raved about his teaching abilities and how he is an awesome teacher.) Both times, I was seemingly unsuccessful in trying to secure a spot in his class. There are 17 sections of this statistics class and his two sections were closed.

Well today, the retention manager from my school called and stated that she had good news. A spot opened in the stats class that I need and she was able to enroll me. WAHOO!!!!! That may not seem like a lot but it is the simple things that make you smile. I wanted to get that class out of the way before the baby is born because I know that it will take a lot of concentration. (I am living in the house with a math wiz but she is trying to complete her Master's program also so she will not be readily available to help me.)

That little bit of good news put a bounce in my step, a smile on my face, and the remembrance in my heart that God truly cares about the simple things in our lives.

No comments: