Monday, November 19, 2007

Bedtime Chat

So tonight, I decided that I had to talk to NyCee about the baby. I sat her down and gently explained that she will be a big sister which means that she will have to be more responsible and a "big girl." We also discussed the fact that when the new baby arrives she will have to share mommy's time but it doesn't mean that I don't love her--she just has to share me like she does her toys.

After all that talking, she just sat there and looked at me.



From the expression on her face, she does not give a flying rabbit's rip about me, the new baby or anything else but her Thomas the train book that she was enjoying before I rudely interrupted with my "chat".

2 comments:

Undomestic said...

Oh, she'll change her mind when that baby comes....when she'll insist you carry her, while nursing the baby at the same time! Then you'll definitely have her attention!!!!

Nah, it will be good. And you'll have lots of help around you, so Nycee will have plent of distractions I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

Dayna:

Listen to Cari! She tried to downplay it at the end, but it is not going to be easy with two little ones. Good thing the Lord made you strong, huh?! Keep working on the patience, you will need it. As far as your little "talk" with Nycee, I think it was too far over her head. She'll get it though, she's a smart little girl.

Love you much,
Auntie Nita