Friday, November 30, 2007

A Day from Hell

Have you ever had a day when the world seems like its on your shoulders and your life seems like it's upside down? Today was that day for me. Since around 1100a I have received nothing but bad news. Over and over and over again.

I was alright with most of the news received. It was hurtful and devastating but not as much as learning that I may not be able to continue graduate school due to a lack of available funding. That was the biggest blow of all.

Over the past few months, I have lost all my material possessions. I have been embarrassed, humiliated, demeaned, and degraded. But nothing hurt more than learning that I may not be able to continue my educational pursuits which was my silver lining in a sky of dark clouds. That was the final blow to my TKO.

I have cussed, cried, and now I am calm. I don't know what I am going to do. But my spirit reminded me of the words of the Apostle Paul, "Yet, in all these things [I] am more than a conqueror in Him [Jesus Christ] who loved me." Romans 8:37.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a strong person! The Lord will never give you more than you can handle! Keep your head up and let the light shine.

Love, Allie

Anonymous said...

Dear Dayna:

I know all seems bleak right now, but with the new baby on the way, God knows that you may need a brief intermission from school, until you get handling two small children well in hand. You know as well as I that the Lord always makes a way. Keep your head up!!

Love you much,
Auntie Nita