Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Morning 2007

Last night was the first year that I played Santa and oh, was it fun. I had a good time with my parents putting together NyCee's toys. When we were finished, all her toys were lined up in the front so that she would see them as soon as she woke up.

This was her reaction when she saw the toys: how cute, huh?

She really enjoyed unwrapping presents. Notice how she ripped the paper off this one? I think she had pinned up aggression that was being released.

But like all children who wake up on Christmas morning, there is one toy that steals the show. For NyCee, it was her bike. Check her out. She is a stunt double already.

Christmas is such a joyous time of the year. I really enjoyed watching the baby open her gifts and clap her hands every time a gift was opened. Seeing her face today really helped me to understand the magic in playing Santa Claus. This year was easy because NyCee is so young but I believe that although it is a tale passed down through the generations, the joy it brings to children helps to create priceless memories.

As I gathered her toys and placed them out, different Christmas' flashed in my memory. Remember to celebrate CHRIST this CHRISTmas day as you gather with friends and family.

No comments: