Monday, December 10, 2007

Comedy, sheer comedy

I seriously think that I am being Punk'd. Punk'd is an updated version of the old television show Candid Camera.

So, I've told you about how God opened a door for me to be enrolled in the statistics class that I need for the winter quarter. Well, I learned today that I have been dis-enrolled from the class and put into a business class. I need both but I don't know who dis-enrolled me from the coveted stats class. Of course, I don't have a print out confirming that I was enrolled in the class because I was waiting from the print out from the school. Every quarter I receive a notice advising me of the courses in which I am enrolled. Of course, I don't have that this time. (There is a huge lesson learned in that.)

Moving on...

Then I received an email from my school's financial aid department which stated in part, "We have attempted to reach you several times via phone regarding your financial aid with Strayer University Morrow." Well, we know that is not true because I have been trying to reach the contact person there to no avail.

I am at the point where I have to laugh. Between the drama in my personal life and school life, I could really end up on an episode of Snapped if I let this stuff get to me. But 2 Cor 2:11b reads, "...for we are not ignorant of his (satan's) devices." You have to see and appreciate the comedy in all of this.I know that God has something wonderful in store for me and my children so I laugh in anticipation of the blessing.

You may not be going through anything today. But keep this in mind the next time the enemy tries to attack your life: "Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all to stand. STAND THEREFORE..." Ephesians 6:13-14a.

Last week, this would have set me off. Today, not so much. It's funny to me because I know that God is not only going to answer my prayers but go exceedingly and abundantly above all that I could have even asked for. Ephesians 3:20.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dayna:

That's right! Keep the faith, baby! All things are possible through Christ who strengthens us. And we also know that all things come together for the good of those who love the Lord and are called according to His purpose. Still praying!

Love you much,
Auntie Nita

Anonymous said...

Sorry, that should have been "work together for good for those who love the Lord..." I need to start previewing my comments.

Love you much,
Auntie Nita

Undomestic said...

Good for you Dayna for having such a wonderful attitude about this. Where do you get your verses....I mean I know you get them from the Bible...but do you just have them memorized or something?