Saturday, December 15, 2007

Surprise!!!!!!!!!


Boonie and Tarisa decided to throw my parents a surprise party for their 50th birthdays. Tarisa took my parents to dinner as a way to get them out of the house. All the guests arrived promptly and well before my parents returned. Tarisa kept me informed of their progress to the house through text messages.

Everyone hid in the kitchen and when we heard the garage door open, we prepared to yell "Surprise!" Well, we were the one's surprised because my father dropped Tarisa and my mother off and pulled away. We yelled surprise to my mother (and she was truly surprised.) Then, we had to persuade my father to return to the house. After many text messages and pleas, he returned to a resounding "Surprise!" Both, were truly surprised at the party that Boonie and Tarisa put together for them.

My mother commented that she was so glad that it was a quaint celebration-just family. Thank you to all the family members who made the drive to Port Huron for the celebration!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! We will always be forever grateful to our girls for arranging and pulling off this magnificant surprise party.

Dayna, Boonie, and Teri you have always made us very proud. We are totally overwhelmed and will be talking......no, boasting on what you did for us for a very long time to come.

Yes, we were surprised! Although, I dropped you guys off and headed for my favorite pass time....the mall, you managed to find a way to have me turn around and come back home. This worked out even better, because you know, I would have wanted "my own moment" (lol).

To our family. Thank you for making the long drive and spending time celebrating with us. We love you all so very much.

I'm sitting here reflecting on the day's events and I realize how much we are loved and appreciated. As a result, I feel myself getting a little emotional, so I'd better say "good nite."

Undomestic said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Happy Birthday Aunt Sylvia and Uncle Fred!!!!!! 25 two times....right?

Anonymous said...

Dayna:

Don't be so modest, you had as big a hand as they did in throwing the party. You cleaned, you shopped, you cooked and you were an excellent hostess while we waited on Sylvia and Fred to come home. Don't play yourself cheap! We had a wonderful time, and praise God we beat the snow home!

Love you much,
Auntie Nita