Thursday, December 06, 2007

So after several days of endless phone calls to various entities and explaining the same situation over and over and over again, I have uncovered the mystery concerning my education.

When I enrolled at my current university, I transferred in 81 credit hours which were to be applied toward my undergraduate work. In theory, they were. However, the computer system is reflecting that 64 of the credit hours were applied toward a graduate degree. Well, if the school wants to issue a MBA based on that information, fine with me. But in reality that is a clerical mix up.

After crying and praying and exercising serious faith, I was put in contact with an individual who could provide the reason behind the hold up in my funding. I faxed in the documentation from the school verifying the placement of those credits and will be able to continue my education on schedule.

I love that so many people are concerned about me because I am an overachiever and tend to push my limits. But I know that it will be a lot easier for me to push myself regarding school while the newest Thompson addition is still in my belly, than to have two children, working full-time, and trying to complete my education.

Thank you for your emails, concerns, phone calls and prayers. This time in my life is very tumultuous (and being pregnant doesn't help my emotional state-HA!) but it makes the Bible very real. The people in the Bible are no longer characters in a story--but real life flesh and blood individuals who put their faith and trust in a God who is more than enough. This time in my life reminds me of Abraham who was promised a son when he and his wife were well pass the age of conception.

Romans 4:18-20 reads "who, contrary to hope, in hope believed, so that he became the father of many nations, according to what was spoken...and not being weak in faith, he did not consider his own body...he did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God, and being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform."

I know that there will be days when I cry and want to scream because life is not always full of bubble gum drops and ice cream cones. But I have comfort in knowing that Jesus loves me and will not leave me. Again, thank you everyone for the prayers and concerns.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dayna:

I am so glad things have worked out for you, I knew that they would, whatever the outcome, it would have been the right thing for you at this time in your life. Still praying!

Love you much,
Auntie Nita