Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Pressure Is On

After all the drama, tears and stress, the final grades are posted. Here are the stats:

Name: Dayna Thompson
Degree Program: MBA
GPA: 4.00
Credits Attempted: 13.5
Credits Earned: 13.5
Total Credits Earned: 13.5

That's right-a 4.0 GPA. Earlier this week, I completed the first 3 (each class is worth 4.5 credit hours) of the 12 courses needed for my MBA. Here is the catch-22: once the standard has been set, then the pressure is on to maintain it. In graduate school, you can not receive a grade lower than a B or credit will not be given for the course. So now, I will be required to work/study more intensely to keep my grades up to meet this standard that I have set.

I thank God that He gave me "...the mind of Christ" (1 Cor 2:16b) and I was able to set aside my personal drama and stress to focus on school. Now, a mental rest break until winter quarter begins in January 2008. WAHOO!!!!!!

1 comment:

Undomestic said...

Congrats to you! Keep it up!