Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Expanding

(Warning: Viewer discretion is advised)

Today starts the official countdown to Tyler's birth. I saw the OB for my normal monthly appointment where I was in the waiting room for 45 minutes and spoke with him for about 5 minutes.

He advised that my belly measures the correct size and the baby's heart rate is 160 beats per minute. Good and strong. Well, below are updated photos of Tyler stretching my belly.

Shirt down:

Shirt raised:

When I look at my belly it doesn't appear to be as large and round as when I was pregnant with NyCee. Of course, I was about 40 lighter then too. I also realized that my son must be impacting my ability to count. I posted an entry in which I stated that I was 6 months pregnant and that was just two weeks ago. Well, that can't be right because I am 32 weeks today which would mean I am about 8 months pregnant. So I really have to slow down my daily routine.

I asked my doctor if he would consider inducing my labor to avoid any surprise water breakage or labor pains during an inopportune time. He stated that he would consider it but not until the 39th week or so. As I see it, if he induces my labor, we both know what is going on that day and can plan accordingly. He can go to the golf course for a couple of hours. I can make the necessary arrangements for NyCee. Really, my plan works. Plus, if the labor is induced, I get the drugs early.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dayna:

Are you trying for a particular date? Part of the fun is having to have somebody driving you frantically to the hospital late at night or early in the morning with the possible surprise of your water breaking in their car (smile)! Anyway I counted it up! Your 39th week falls on or near April 1st! Was this your original speculated due date? And, girl, please keep your shirt down, that belly is huge! (smile)

Love you much,
Auntie Nita