Thursday, February 14, 2008

Hats Off!!

I tip my hat to educators everywhere. To my cousin Cari, Mrs. Richards (my niece's teacher) and educators across this great land: GOD LOVE YOU!

I spent a day in my niece's class and I don't have a clue how Mrs. Richards deals with hyper 9 year olds for 6-8 hours a day--especially when each has consumed 6,000lbs of sugar. Oh, my gosh-a-pickles! Being an educator really takes a lot of patience and a call from God.

Thank you to Cari and all those who answered that call and devote their lives to stirring the minds of our children. Hooray to you!

(Side note: It was also interesting to see that Mrs. Richards wears a microphone in the classroom. She turns it on and says, "If you can hear the sound of my voice, please stop talking." Her voice is just above a whisper but sure enough, the kids calmed down and stopped talking. I thought that was pretty cool!)

~~~~~~~~~~~
P.S. My aunt had to remind me that my parents are educators as well. (Oops-a-dinkle, I forgot about them. My dad is an assistant principal of a high shool and my mom teaches math.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dayna:

I sure hope your mom and dad won't read your blog today! You do remember that they're teachers too! and if not presently once upon a time. Ooooh, you in trouble! Ha-ha-ha!

Love you much,
Auntie Nita

Undomestic said...

Oh but I'd rather be in a room of 13 year olds than 9 year olds anyday! When I volunteer in my son's 1st grade classroom, I'm always very thankful that I never chose to be an elementary teacher.