Monday, February 25, 2008

Shoud I be sharing this?

Well, I have contemplated all night as to whether or not I should post this information on the blog. It is definitely a T.M.I but it is an accomplishment also. So here we go...

Last night as I was preparing NyCee for bath time, she began to pat her bottom saying, "Ma, poo-boo." So I thought, well she's naked anyway why not put her on the potty? Sure enough, she put poo-boo in the potty. Every time it hit the water, she would clap and say, "Yeah!"

Of course, I congratulated her on this huge accomplishment and told her that she was a big girl for telling mommy that she had to poo-boo and she put it in the potty. Again, she smiled, clapped, and said, "Yeah!" After which, she got off the potty, flushed the toilet, held out her hands saying, "hands." (That means she wants to get her hands washed.)

Ironically, I tried to start working with her on the potty at the beginning of the year. She was doing very well for a couple of weeks then she just stopped. Well, she seems to have gotten her potty mojo back so after her birthday next month, I will start working with her again. I am hoping that she will be potty trained by this summer because buying 2 boxes of diapers a month will be expensive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO TAYLOR!!

Love ~ Allie