Wednesday, February 06, 2008

10 weeks: Start the Countdown

Well, I am finally in the final 10 weeks of pregnancy. I don't know why doctors lie and say that pregnancy is nine (9) months because it's not. It is 40 weeks--give or take a month or two with five weeks in it--a woman is still pregnant for 40 weeks.

I have heard that every pregnancy is different and I finally believe that to be true. NyCee was very calm in the womb for the most part. She had times when she would dance and play around but nothing like her little brother. Ty bounces, stretches and of course kicks me right in the bladder and holds that position for a good 1 or 2 minutes.

I have not started the countdown for the most obvious reason: Ty's birth. I have started it because going to the doctor once a month is just annoying. I have to sit in the waiting room for about 20 or 25 minutes (and we all know how I feel about that.) Only to be walked back to the patient room where I am weighed (sheer torture), blood pressure taken, urine sample handed off to the nurse, and I wait for the doctor to arrive. He knocks, enters the room, listens to the baby's heart beat, and says, "See you in four weeks." Honestly, I would save time if I could just do that at home and email him the information.

The second part to the countdown begins because this is my last visit for the monthly doctor's appointments. Shortly, I will have to go every two weeks and then every week to sit through the same monotonous routine until Tyler decides to arrive. While I am confident that the visits serve a purpose, I just wish I could figure out how to streamline the process.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rule of thumb for today: When you are 6 months pregant, it is not a good idea to try and complete your monthly grocery shopping when it is a blizzard outside and you are hungry. Why? Well, I learned the hard way that shopping carts do NOT roll through snow and 2. I probably spent an extra $67.6 million buying everything I saw because I was hungry. Additionally, I ate several items as I walked up and down each aisle trying to be certain that I did not miss anything on my list.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dayna:

This pregnancy is just flying by (I know it may not seem like it to you!), but looks like we just found out you were pregnant around a month ago, and now you're only weeks away from delivery, WOW! Girl, you know better than to go to the market hungry, for that matter you can't do any kind of shopping hungry! To me shopping and eating out go hand in hand. Please be careful out in this weather!

Love you much,
Auntie Nita